Hatch Gals Zoom - Newborn Sleep 101•
I shared my method and answered questions from the Hatch Gals Facebook Group.
The 3 steps to baby sleep bliss–the short version. For more information and detailed how-to's, check out my book, How Babies Sleep.
- Red light and blackout shades
- Red light bulbs
- Portable blackout shades
- The Kulala baby sleep lamp - the perfect night light for baby that naturally helps them sleep. Out in August! Sign up for the newsletter at the bottom of the website to be notified when you can buy it.
- Schedules and naps
- Babies' total daily sleep needs goes down rapidly as they age
- Daytime sleep especially goes down
- Naps affect nighttime sleep, so don't make napping too cozy.
- Perfect swing to get
- To figure out the right schedule for your baby, get the Kulala app - it's me, your sleep coach, in your pocket!
- Follow me on Instgram.com/kulalaland for up-to-date tips and tricks and monthly IG lives where you can ask all your questions.
Check out my blog for in-depth articles on all things schedules and sleep
- Sleeping through the night
- Signs of sleep training readiness: over 11lbs, has ever slept 5+ hours, doesn't seem hungry when eating in the middle of the night
- Waiting 90 seconds before placating baby teaches baby rapidly to self-soothe - and not need you!
My free Kulala app has a soothing timer that helps you wait those 1.5 minutes - it's not easy to hear your baby cry!